- Regulators are racing to sell assets of SVB Financial Group so that at least some of clients’ uninsured deposits can be made available as soon as Monday.
- China wraps up its National People’s Congress meeting on Monday after President Xi Jinping assembled his new team of top officials.
- Guarneri's nearly 300-year-old 'Baltic' violin is expected to fetch more than $10 million this week at Tarisio New York.
- India's Supreme Court tomorrow will begin examining a petition to allow same-sex couples to marry.
- It's the 95th Academy Awards, the annual festival of Hollywood glitz and glamor.
Business — Economics — Finance — Investment — Regulation
Your Sunday Asia Briefing: SVB Payout, Xi’s Next Act and the Oscars
This week there will be little respite from the ongoing repercussions of the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, with questions hanging over how regulators failed to prevent such a disorderly mess and the fallout for tech companies, crypto firms, and other lenders. In Asia, we begin Act 3 of Xi Jinping