- Xi Jinping and Volodymyr Zelenskyy hold their first conversation since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy describes the almost hour-long call as 'long and meaningful'.
- Xi will send a special government representative to visit Ukraine and other countries to seek a political resolution of the Ukraine crisis.
- China has presented a 12-point proposal to end the Ukraine conflict that appears to greatly favour Moscow.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken says any ceasefire without the withdrawal of Russian troops 'would effectively be supporting the ratification of Russian conquest'.
Xi Jinping holds long-awaited call with Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Xi Jinping holds first call with Volodymyr Zelenskyy since Russia's invasion of Ukraine. China has presented a 12-point proposal to end the Ukraine conflict.