- The number of Americans moving to Europe is small but growing, with many seeking to escape violence and political strife in the United States.
- In some countries, such as the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain, the number of Americans has significantly increased.
- While the share of Americans wanting to move permanently to another country remains small, many recent expats left the US out of despair at the country's direction.
- Factors attracting Americans to Europe include better work-life balance, robust social safety nets, and more affordable healthcare.
- European countries offer incentives for foreign workers and retirees, such as tax exemptions and favorable visa programs.
Why Europe is a magnet for more Americans
The number of Americans moving to Europe is growing as they seek to escape violence and political strife. Factors attracting them include better work-life balance and social safety nets.