- Joe Biden visits Ireland for the third time in seven years, the latest visit as President.
- Ireland has attracted eight serving American presidents since JFK in 1963.
- Electoral considerations and Irish roots have been a factor in attracting US presidents.
- Dublin's diplomats have played a part in reeling in successive American presidents.
- Donald Trump appears less keen to play up his links to Ireland.
Why do American presidents play up their Irishness?
Joe Biden becomes the latest American president to visit Ireland. Dublin's diplomats have played a part in reeling in successive American presidents with Irish roots.