- Governor Kathy Hochul is pushing for more charter schools in New York's system.
- Charter schools use public funds but are run independently and compete with conventional public schools.
- Under Bush and Obama, mayors and superintendents pushed for more competition and accountability.
- The disruption in education due to covid-19 wiped out 20 years of gains nationally.
- Republicans are opting for hysteria and fanning fears of indoctrination.
Why did America’s leaders stop caring about schools?
A political fight in New York suggests America may be facing up to the problem of schools again. Governor Hochul pushes for more charter schools.