- Texas added 471,000 people in the year to June 2022, nearly as many as live in Atlanta, Georgia.
- More than one in three of the net new jobs created in America since February 2020 was created in Texas.
- Texas will have a mighty say in national politics with 38 members of Congress and 40 electoral-college votes in 2024.
- Texas leads in oil, gas and renewables such as wind and solar, influencing how the US navigates its energy transition.
- Texas has diversified its economy and positioned itself on the cutting edge of new energy technologies.
The Economist — World — Texas Growth — Economy — Energy — Demography
Why America is going to look more like Texas
Texas added nearly half a million people in the year to June 2022 and created over one in three of the net new jobs in America, influencing national politics and energy transition.