- Democrats believe Trump is a threat to democracy and best possible opponent for President Biden in 2024.
- Pairing 80-year-old Biden with 76-year-old Trump would minimize questions about Biden’s age and abilities.
- Polls show that Trump remains the dominant figure in his party, even as he faces civil lawsuits and criminal investigations.
- Trump’s legal woes and age make him more beatable than DeSantis, party officials say.
- Democrats are relishing the idea of a rematch with Trump because it’s such a clear contrast.
WSJ — World — Politics — Trump-Biden Rematch — Election 2024 — US
Why a Trump-Biden Rematch Is What Many Democrats Want in 2024
Democrats are bullish on facing Trump again in 2024 as he motivates Democratic voters to turn out and pairing him with Biden would minimize questions about his age and abilities.