- Hong Kong was already a city of masks when the pandemic hit.
- The city was closed off from the rest of the world for three years.
- The policy mandating mask use outdoors and indoors was dropped this month.
- The pandemic made it difficult to ascertain what was and wasn't normal in Hong Kong.
- Hiking took on even greater importance during the pandemic.
When Hong Kong stood still
Hong Kong's long isolation during the pandemic brought significant changes to everyday life, from mask mandates to a newfound importance of hiking.