- Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi worked as a ride-share driver to better understand the driver experience.
- This campaign to improve the driver experience, called Project Boomerang, helped shape Uber's business makeover.
- Uber adopted changes drivers had long asked for, leading to a 74% market share in the U.S. ride-share market.
- Lyft lost market share to Uber due to slower adoption of driver-friendly features and bonuses.
- Driver pay is still a sticking point, but loyal drivers make Uber more competitive and helps it expand.
What Happened When Uber’s CEO Started Driving for Uber
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi worked as a ride-share driver to understand driver experience and helped Uber's business makeover, leading to a 74% market share in the US ride-share market, while Lyft lost market share. Driver pay is still a sticking point.