- Xi Jinping is due in Moscow for a three-day visit with Vladimir Putin.
- American officials believe Mr Xi is weighing Russia's request to supply it with lethal weapons for use in Ukraine.
- Mr Xi will echo recent Chinese statements urging respect for all countries’ territorial integrity and opposing any use of nuclear weapons.
- China has not joined Western sanctions on Russia and helps Russia offset their impact by buying more of its oil and gas.
- Mr Xi's true intentions are hidden in plain sight, as he believes China is locked in a long-term confrontation with America that might lead to a war over Taiwan.
What does Xi Jinping want from Vladimir Putin?
Xi Jinping heads to Moscow for a three-day visit with Vladimir Putin amid tensions with the US over Taiwan. Chinese officials deny supplying lethal weapons to Russia.