- Wetherspoons warns of 'ferocious' inflation impacting business.
- Like-for-like sales down 0.6% compared to same period in 2020.
- Half-year pre-tax profits at £4.6mn, down 90% compared to 2019.
- UK inflation rose to 10.4% in February, highest in 45 years.
- Sales in seven weeks to mid-March up 9.1% compared to same period in 2019.
Wetherspoons hit by ‘ferocious’ inflation
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon reports small profit but warns of 'ferocious' inflation impacting sales due to increased energy, food and labour prices in hospitality venues.