- Cboe plans to launch a one-day version of the VIX Index called VIX1D on Monday.
- The new index aims to capture sentiment in zero-day options era.
- Shorter-term options have been flashing more stress than the VIX.
- 0DTE contracts accounted for over 40% of the S&P 500’s total options volume in Q3 2022.
- Cboe is likely benefiting from the trading boom, with 0DTE options contributing to about 15% of the exchange’s revenue.
Bloomberg — Markets — VIX1D Index — Finance — Investment — Technology
Wall Street Is Getting a New Fear Gauge. Meet the One-Day VIX
Cboe is set to launch a one-day version of the VIX Index called VIX1D to capture sentiment in zero-day options era, which may replace the original VIX.