- Many European politicians are failing to confront Russia's aggression in Ukraine.
- A subculture of sympathizers who 'understand' Vladimir Putin thrives in Europe.
- European far-right and far-left parties converge in demanding an 'instant peace' that rewards Russian aggression.
- Several European governments, including Hungary and Austria, have enabled Putin's actions.
- Anti-American sentiment plays a role in Europe's opposition to Western policy on Russia.
Vladimir Putin’s useful idiots
Many European politicians fail to confront Russia's aggression in Ukraine. A subculture of Putin sympathizers thrives, while anti-American sentiment influences opposition to Western policy.