- Ukraine is training civilians to become elite soldiers for a critical summer offensive.
- Kyiv hopes Russian forces will be depleted from their assault on Bakhmut.
- Ukrainian special forces have been mostly training this year.
- Artan battalion has grown to 350 men from just 70 last summer.
- Troops are well-equipped with Western battle tanks and other materiel.
WSJ — World — Ukrainian Offensive — Military — Geopolitics — Security
Ukraine Races to Forge New Army Ahead of Offensive
Ukraine is training civilians to become elite soldiers for an imminent offensive. Kyiv hopes to deplete Russian forces and has been sending special forces to stabilize front lines in Bakhmut.