- Renewal of Ukraine's grain export agreement from Black Sea ports.
- Duration of extension unclear, disputed between Ukraine and Russia.
- Black Sea Grain Initiative contributed to slump in food-commodity costs.
- Negotiations down to the wire with initial pact valid for 120 days.
- Teams from Ukraine, Russia, the UN and Turkey inspect each ship to prevent unauthorized cargo or passengers.
Bloomberg — Markets — Grain Exports — Trade — Agriculture — Inflation
Ukraine Grain Deal Renewed, Clearing Way for Continued Exports
A renewal of Ukraine's grain export agreement has been agreed, but the duration is disputed between Ukraine and Russia. Trade flow disruption initially led to food-commodity cost increase.