- Travel journalist tests ChatGPT's AI trip planning abilities for a 4-day trip to Paris.
- ChatGPT excels in providing ultra-specific recommendations for flights, museums, and walking tours.
- Computational hiccups include outdated information and inability to book reservations.
- Human travel advisors recommended smaller, more intimate properties and provided nuanced recommendations.
- AI's recommendations are great for generating lists of points of interest, but lack a human touch.
Bloomberg — Business — Travel — Newsletter — AI — Hospitality
Turns Out, ChatGPT Is Pretty Good at Planning Your Next Vacation
Travel journalist tests the AI trip planning capabilities of ChatGPT for a Paris trip, finding its recommendations great for generating lists but lacking a human touch.