- Donald Trump asks for trial date in classified documents case to be postponed.
- Trump's lawyers oppose December trial date proposed by Special Counsel.
- Both sides agree that August trial date is too soon.
- Trump's defense team argues that trial during presidential election will impact outcome and fairness.
- Prosecutors say Trump's attorneys need more time to receive security clearances and handle classified evidence.
Trump Seeks to Postpone Setting a Trial Date in Documents Case
Donald Trump seeks to delay trial date in classified documents case, opposing proposed December trial and potentially pushing it beyond the 2024 presidential election.