- Trudeau's trust on economic growth drops to 27% among Canadians, from 35% before the pandemic.
- Conservative rival, Pierre Poilievre, leads with 30% support, especially among voters under 54.
- 20% of respondents don't trust any party, and the dissatisfaction extends beyond the governing Liberals.
- Trudeau is strongest in Quebec and Atlantic Canada, while Poilievre leads in British Columbia and has a slim lead in Ontario.
- Trudeau's management of public finances has been criticized for running up massive deficits during Covid-19.
Bloomberg — Politics — Canadian Politics — Economy — Finance — Leadership
Trudeau Loses Trust on Economy After Run-Up in Pandemic Spending
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's trust on economic growth drops to 27% among Canadians before the pandemic, while Conservative rival Pierre Poilievre leads with 30% support.