- Bitcoin has enjoyed a 70% rise this year, but trading activity has dwindled.
- Investors are reluctant to buy into the rally after a string of collapses and scandals in 2022.
- Small trades are increasingly able to move market prices.
- Regulatory scrutiny is sidelining new money that might otherwise enter the space.
- Liquidity has yet to return and the industry is still working through its many issues.
Traders grow wary of ‘unloved’ bitcoin rally
Cryptocurrency trading activity dwindles as bitcoin enjoys a 70% rise this year, with investors reluctant to buy into the rebound after a string of collapses and scandals in 2022.