- France's Rafale jet fighter is outselling rivals worldwide, except for Lockheed Martin's F-35.
- The Rafale is more than 20 years old but prized for its ability to carry large payloads of weapons.
- Its popularity has boosted France's status in the international arms trade.
- The war in Ukraine has opened up new opportunities for the Rafale.
- France's share of global arms exports increased to 11% in the five-year period that ended in 2022.
This 20-Year-Old French Jet Fighter Is Suddenly Outselling Rivals
France's Rafale jet fighter is outperforming rivals worldwide, except for Lockheed Martin's F-35, as it benefits from rising military spending and sanctions on Russian competitors.