- Parisians to vote on whether to banish e-scooters operated by rental companies.
- 15,000 free-floating devices have become a pet hate for some residents.
- E-scooters have caused accidents and are a serious danger to pedestrians and traffic.
- Three companies now operate e-scooters in Paris: Lime, Dott, and Tier.
- Paris city hall is prepared to forgo the €900,000 a year it earns from the “trottinette” licences.
‘They fuel anxiety’: Paris to vote on ubiquitous e-scooters
Parisians to vote on banishing free-floating e-scooters operated by rental companies due to accidents and danger to pedestrians and traffic, despite being an eco-friendly mode of transport.