- Russian forces have been attacking trenches and ruined towns in Ukraine for a year.
- Tens of thousands of civilians and soldiers have been killed.
- Ukraine drove Russian forces from the outskirts of the capital, Kyiv.
- Ukraine has struck back in two regions at once, clawing back land in its south and sweeping across thousands of miles in its northeast.
- Ukraine is now looking to counterattack with new weapons from international supporters.
The Second Year of Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine, in Photos
Russia has been attacking Ukraine for a year, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths. Ukraine has fought back and is now looking to counterattack with new weapons from international supporters.