- China has multiple ways to let a trading partner know the folly of their inconvenient political views including sudden new bureaucratic obstacles and conveniently-timed tariffs against allegedly dumped imports.
- Australia and Lithuania have successfully found new export markets and avoided WTO litigation.
- Australian exporters have found gaps in the trade barriers and new markets elsewhere.
- Lithuania has increased sales to destinations such as Germany, USA, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore and Australia.
- China is far from invincible and Beijing has lost propaganda battles at either end of the planet.
Financial Times — World — Trade — Alan Beattie — Trade Secrets — Eu Trade
The quick and easy guide for countries resisting Chinese trade coercion
China has multiple ways to bully its trading partners, however, Australia and Lithuania have successfully found new export markets and avoided WTO litigation. Chinese trading partners should find more reliable customers and be aware China is far from invincible.