- Dawn queues, carnage and price gouging have been seen since the release of Prime, a flavoured drink launched by British influencer KSI and US counterpart Logan Paul.
- Sainsbury’s became the latest retailer to stock the drink, issuing a request that customers not call the switchboard to track down the elusive soft drink and limiting customers to three bottles.
- The drinks made $250 million in revenues in 2022 and $40 million in January this year.
- Schoolkids are punting the £2 bottles for inflated prices and the empty bottles are sought after.
- The success is testimony to the power of playground hype and the influence of social media.
The playground Prime craze is a lesson in modern marketing
Influencers targeting today’s teens are selling to a sophisticated audience complicit in the game of online hype with the release of Prime, a flavoured drink produced by KSI and Logan Paul.