- The evidence supporting medicalised gender transitions in adolescents is weak and not well understood.
- The number of teenagers seeking treatment for gender dysphoria has risen significantly in recent years.
- Controversy surrounds the use of gender-affirming care, with different countries having misgivings about the treatment.
- Studies have shown that the academic evidence for puberty-blockers and cross-sex hormones is weak and contradictory.
- There is a lack of data on the number of individuals who detransition after undergoing medical interventions.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec