- Manhattan prosecutors are considering arresting former President Donald Trump for covering up hush-money payments in 2016.
- The payments were made to Stephanie Clifford, a former adult-film actress.
- The indictment for this charge would be the weakest among the four active criminal investigations against Trump.
- Trump's lawyers will likely fight to prevent a criminal trial.
- The Republican Party is rallying to Trump's defense.
The Economist — US — Donald Trump — Legal — Politics — Election Fraud
The cases against Donald Trump are piling up
Manhattan prosecutors may arrest Donald Trump for covering up hush-money payments. This is the weakest of four active criminal cases against the former president.