- Tesla's stock has gone up by over 50% in 2023 thanks in part to retail traders.
- Retail traders have pulled back this month, with net daily purchases down by about three-fourths.
- Following the investor day in early March, retail investors have become more cautious.
- Tesla's valuation is very high compared to other car manufacturers.
- Tesla's high gross margins are an advantage over its rivals.
Bloomberg — Business — Electric Vehicles — Technology — Investment — Stocks
Tesla Is Losing a Big Force Behind This Year’s Rally
Tesla's stock has gone up over 50% in 2023 thanks in part to retail traders who are now pulling back, with net daily purchases down by about three-fourths amid concerns over the health of the economy and the lack of specific details on a much-anticipated new vehicle from the investor day.