- Nasdaq 100 rose 5.8% for its best week since November, thanks to tech stocks.
- S&P 500 gained 1.4% weekly despite banking stocks dragging the index down 1.1% on Friday.
- Financial sector was the worst performer, with First Republic Bank plunging over 70%.
- ECB Chief Christine Lagarde paves the way for bond-market gyrations to remain elevated.
- BlackRock Investment Institute expects central banks to continue raising rates to contain inflation.
Bloomberg — Markets — Tech Markets — Banking — Monetary Policy — Economics
Tech Logs Best Week in 2023 as Bank Stocks Tremble: Markets Wrap
Technology stocks had a good week, led by Nasdaq's 5.8% gain despite banking stocks dragging down S&P 500 1.1%. Financials were the worst performing sector.