- Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. is selling data that sophisticated traders can use to profit at the expense of more traditional investors.
- The DTCC disputed the report, stating that its feeds anonymized the firms doing the trading, provided only aggregated data across many transactions and came out with a delay.
- Money managers worry about harmful impacts from the two data feeds, called Equity Kinetics and Investor Kinetics, which paint a picture of market activity based on activity at the clearinghouse.
- The DTCC's revenues from data-related services grew 15% to $56 million in 2022.
- CloudQuant, a firm that evaluates data sets for algorithmic traders, said it developed potential trading strategies using the two DTCC feeds.
WSJ — World — DTCC data feeds — Finance — Markets — Investment
Stock Clearinghouse Leaked Sensitive Data, Trading Firm Says
The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. (DTCC) is facing criticism for selling data that sophisticated traders can use to profit at the expense of more traditional investors. DTCC's data feeds, Equity Kinetics and Investor Kinetics, are said to paint a picture of market activity that could reveal when