- Starwood is considering selling over 2,000 single-family rental homes, many of which were acquired from Pretium Partners in late 2021.
- The homes are not being sold at distressed prices, and it is possible that Starwood will hold onto most of them.
- SREIT recognized a nearly $80 million impairment charge on various single-family rental properties during Q1 2023.
- Starwood's REIT has faced higher redemptions in recent months, leading the firm to restrict how much money the trust returns at one time.
- Starwood's Sternlicht has said that residential real estate has better prospects than assets such as offices.
Sternlicht’s Starwood Eyes Sale of More Than 2,000 Rental Homes
Starwood Capital Group is exploring the sale of over 2,000 single-family rental homes acquired from Pretium Partners in late 2021 as its REIT faces higher redemptions and an impairment charge of nearly $80 million.