- Sony Group Corp. projected to sell fewer than 300,000 PSVR2 headsets in first weeks.
- PSVR2 foundational piece of Sony’s metaverse strategy.
- Sony had a goal of 2 million units for PSVR2's launch window.
- Sony CEO Yoshida made metaverse a growth tentpole for Sony.
- PSVR2 requires PlayStation 5 console and costs $549.
Bloomberg — Business — Metaverse — Technology — Gaming — Virtual Reality
Sony PSVR2 Headset Off to Slow Start as Metaverse Push Sputters
Sony's PSVR2 headset has had a slow start, projected to sell fewer than 300k units in its first weeks. The headset is a key part of Sony's metaverse strategy.