- Content moderators for social media platforms demand better working conditions and higher pay.
- Workers in Germany drafted a list of working standards for the profession.
- Many workers are reluctant to demand better rights for fear of retaliation and job losses.
- Moderators suffer from health issues due to repeated exposure to terrorist and suicide content.
- Social media platforms hire external contractors to conduct content moderation work.
Social media content moderators lead charge for better rights
Social media content moderators are demanding better working conditions and higher pay. Workers in Germany have drafted a list of working standards for the profession.