- Nearly a quarter of small businesses specializing in technology and professional services offer or are considering a four-day workweek.
- Small businesses use flexibility to boost productivity and keep employees at their best.
- Fully remote small businesses are less inclined to set pay rates based on locations.
- 40% of fully remote small businesses are far above average at building personal connections among workers.
- Small businesses' flexibility might become increasingly attractive to job seekers.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec
Microsoft has made its biggest bet yet on artificial intelligence with a multibillion-dollar investment in ChatGPT bot maker OpenAI, in a move to transform its business model and products. Find out the latest news on AI, markets and the global economy.