- Regulators step in to backstop Silicon Valley Bank (SVB).
- Depositors will have access to funds Monday.
- Funding environment for startups remains uncertain.
- Relief from tech layoffs and pullback in spending.
- Taxpayers will not bear cost of intervention.
Silicon Valley exhales after US intervenes in SVB collapse
Relief swept over Silicon Valley after regulators stepped in to backstop Silicon Valley Bank. Depositors have access to funds, but funding environment for startups remains uncertain.