- Scientists from 4 leading universities launch initiative to investigate Earth's origins & look for extraterrestrial life.
- More than 5,000 exoplanets have been identified & billions more believed to exist in Milky Way.
- Search for extraterrestrial life will be supercharged by missions to Mars & Jupiter's moons & observatories like James Webb telescope.
- Evolutionary biologist Emily Mitchell believes simple life will be widespread across our galaxy.
- Astrobiologist Heather Graham believes life detection announcement unlikely to be from single piece of data.
Financial Times — World — Space exploration — Exoplanets — Mars — Jupiter
Scientists launch new initiative to look for extraterrestrial life
Scientists from 4 leading universities have formed the Origins Federation to investigate Earth's origins and look for extraterrestrial life. Missions to Mars and Jupiter's moons and observatories like James Webb telescope will supercharge the search for extra-terrestrial life.