- Russia exported 8.3mn b/d of oil in April, highest since its invasion of Ukraine last year.
- 80% of crude shipments went to China and India.
- Russia found new buyers for its oil since Europe blocked imports and new vessels.
- Despite shipping more oil, Russia's monthly oil export revenues were 27% lower than last year.
- IEA increased its forecast for 2023 global oil demand growth to 2.2mn b/d.
Russian oil exports hit post-invasion high
Russia's oil exports hit a post-invasion high in April, with almost 80% of crude shipments flowing to China and India, says IEA