- Russian Su-27 aircraft struck US MQ-9 Air Force Reaper drone over Black Sea.
- US military claims Russian aircraft acted recklessly and unprofessionally.
- Incident marks first direct contact between US and Russian military aircraft since invasion of Ukraine.
- US has used Reaper drones to monitor Black Sea since before invasion.
- Tensions between US and Russia may escalate ahead of crucial window in Ukraine conflict.
Financial Times — World — US-Russia military tensions — War in Ukraine — US Foreign Policy — Max Seddon
Russian jet collided with unmanned American drone over Black Sea, US says
Russian military strikes US drone in Black Sea, US officials describe the incident as reckless and unprofessional