- Russia has taken thousands of Ukrainian children, with an estimated 6,000 in institutions across Russia.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of kidnapping the children, while Russia claims to be sheltering them.
- The Russian government is orchestrating a policy of child deportation and refuses to provide information or work with neutral intermediaries.
- The International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants for Putin and Maria Lvova-Belova for the unlawful deportation of Ukrainian children.
- Russia has simplified the process for Ukrainian children to gain Russian citizenship and be adopted by Russian families.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec