- Graduate traders are earning salaries of as much as $400,000 straight out of school in Sydney.
- Citadel Securities, IMC Trading BV and Optiver BV have established bases, hired rapidly and plan to employ even more.
- Elite recruits with math and science backgrounds can command up to that amount.
- Sydney has attracted the high-paying roles thanks to a university system that churns out candidates who adapt well to the business, favorable tax policies and a long history in the trading industry.
- The hiring spree is focused more on becoming a hub for regional markets than building capability for Australia itself.
Rookie Traders Are Earning $400,000 in One Unlikely Markets Hub
Rookie traders are earning salaries of as much as $400,000 straight out of school in Sydney's tech-driven trading hub. Elite math and science graduates command the highest salaries, and the city is becoming an Asia-Pacific hub for tech-driven trading companies.