- Romania's economy has been growing steadily for a decade, last year by 4.7%.
- Population decline and low birth rates have resulted in severe labour shortages.
- Foreign workers are filling the gap in the construction, hospitality and other sectors.
- Builders need at least 100,000 new workers by the end of 2024 to meet infrastructure demand.
- Romania will receive up to €80bn by 2027 from EU funding streams, much of which will go towards construction.
Romania’s hot economy is attracting foreign workers
Romania's economy is attracting foreign workers to fill severe labour shortages in the construction, hospitality and other sectors. EU funding streams will provide up to €80bn, much of which will go towards construction by 2027.