- UK's Silicon Valley Bank collapse sparks calls for tighter regulation.
- Lord Nick Macpherson warns against weakening City of London regulation.
- Chancellor Jeremy Hunt is pushing for looser post-Brexit regulation through the Edinburgh reforms.
- Treasury insiders admit that BoE regulators might have to give 'more prominence' to risks posed by a single sector.
- Labour calls for a systemic review of the risks that rising interest rates pose to the UK financial sector.
Rishi Sunak warned against relaxing City of London rules
Rishi Sunak is warned against weakening City of London regulation after the collapse of UK's Silicon Valley Bank. Calls for tighter regulation spark a rethink of post-Brexit regulation plans, while Labour calls for systemic review of rising interest rates risk to UK financial sector.