- OpenAI may pull its services from the EU due to planned AI Act.
- Altman warns of concerns over the EU's proposed regulations.
- EU's AI Act to include the latest wave of general purpose AI technology.
- US tech companies urge Brussels to move more cautiously.
- EU's AI Act may lead some US tech companies to rethink involvement in Europe.
Financial Times — World — AI Regulation — Us & Canadian Companies — Technology Regulation — Technology Sector
OpenAI warns over split with Europe as regulation advances
OpenAI could pull its services from the EU over concerns about the bloc's planned AI Act, according to the firm's chief Sam Altman, as he warns of a growing transatlantic rift over AI regulation.