- Larry Hogan, former governor of Maryland and prominent moderate Republican, bows out of 2024 presidential race.
- Trump has already announced plans to seek new term as president.
- Other confirmed rivals include Nikki Haley, former US ambassador to the UN, and Vivek Ramaswamy, anti-ESG fundraiser.
- Hogan warned too many Republican candidates could smooth Trump’s path to the nomination.
- Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida, widely considered most viable alternative to Trump.
Financial Times — World — US Presidential Election 2024 — Donald Trump — Nikki Haley — Vivek Ramaswamy
Moderate Republican Hogan says he will not challenge Trump in 2024
Larry Hogan, a prominent moderate Republican, bows out of 2024 presidential race. Rivals include Nikki Haley, Vivek Ramaswamy, and Ron DeSantis, while Joe Biden is preparing to announce his own re-election bid.