- Microsoft is moving some of its top AI researchers from China to its institute in Vancouver.
- The move is seen as a response to heightened political tensions between the US and China.
- The Vancouver Plan aims to stop top talent from being poached by domestic tech groups.
- Relocating top AI researchers could spark ire in Beijing, which has sought to lure high-tech Chinese researchers back to the mainland.
- MSRA has been an important training centre for Chinese tech talent.
Central banks around the world are pausing tightening campaigns as inflation eases and economies slow. Inflation-targeting regimes are keeping their own houses in order, while the US Fed's key inflation gauges fell to the slowest annual paces since late 2021.
Two massive earthquakes on Monday have devastated cities and towns across Turkey and Syria, with death toll of over 16,000. This is one of the worst natural disasters this century, alongside the 2004 Sumatran Tsunami, 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2008 Cyclone Nargis.
A raft of U.S. data and European inflation numbers will give guidance on how the world's top central banks will navigate the way ahead, including the hotly debated "no landing" scenario. Reports on U.S. durable goods orders, home prices, manufacturing and consumer confidence threaten to cement expec