- Microsoft has launched new tools for developers to integrate generative AI into business software.
- The tools, called 'plug-ins', connect Microsoft 365 Copilot with a customer's other software applications.
- Generative AI will be able to generate insights or recommend actions based on data fed into the software.
- The connections will also allow the AI to launch an action in another software program.
- The move could make generative AI the foundation of 'the operating system of the future' for businesses.
Financial Times — Tech — Generative AI — Us & Canadian Companies — Technology Sector — Artificial Intelligence
Microsoft launches generative AI tools for developers
Microsoft has launched new tools for developers to integrate generative AI into business software, streamlining routine back-office work by breaking down boundaries between software applications.