- Businesses in UK are holding off making big investment decisions given the recent political and economic upheaval.
- Chancellor Jeremy Hunt made restoring business investment a priority in the Budget this month.
- People are still feeling anxious about the political situation and the economy.
- Labour party is well ahead in the opinion polls and has been on a business charm offensive in recent months.
- Businesses are concerned about help with energy bills being scaled back from next month and many complain about lack of skilled labour.
Financial Times — World — UK Economy — Uk Business & Economy — Uk Politics & Policy — British Chambers Of Commerce Ltd
Martha Lane Fox warns UK policymakers of fragile business confidence
President of the British Chambers of Commerce, Martha Lane Fox, warns UK policymakers that businesses are holding off making big investment decisions due to political and economic uncertainty, with confidence still being fragile.