- UK institutional investors show interest in fresh listings, but issuers are still hesitant.
- Investment bank Numis Corp Plc surveyed 200 investors, finding over 84% willing to meet IPO prospects.
- Only $7 million has been raised in London via listings in 2023, marking the worst quarter in two decades.
- Numis Co-CEO expects IPO activity to return in the second half of the year, but not before 2024 for a full return.
- Global market volatility and cracks in the banking system hinder IPO activity.
Bloomberg — Markets — IPO Markets — Investment — Volatility — Banking
London IPOs Have Plenty of Takers for Once, But Few Issuers
Investors in the UK show interest in fresh listings, but issuers remain hesitant, resulting in the worst quarter for London listings in two decades. IPO activity is expected to return in the second half of the year, but 2024 for a full return. Global market volatility and cracks in the banking syste