- Governors in six Republican states have signed bills that restrict or ban transgender medical care.
- In response, some of these states are being sued and governors in several Democratic states are putting protections in place.
- Chloe Cole, an 18-year-old detransitioner, is suing Kaiser Permanente for medical negligence.
- Two recent studies suggest 20-30% of patients may discontinue hormone treatment within a few years.
- Proponents of adolescent medical transition say detransition is very rare.
Legal action may change transgender care in America
Legal action is being taken to change transgender care in America, with a lawsuit filed against Kaiser Permanente. Detransitioners are taking their doctors to court, and some American politicians are putting protections in place for the treatment.