- Lahore in Pakistan is the most polluted city in the world in 2022, with 97.4 micrograms of PM2.5 particles per cubic meter.
- Chad in central Africa is the country with the most polluted air in the world.
- India and Pakistan had the worst air quality in the Central and South Asian region.
- One in 10 people globally were living in an area where air pollution poses a threat to health.
- The U.S. Pacific territory Guam had the cleanest air, with a PM2.5 concentration of 1.3.
Reuters — Climate — Air Pollution — Environment — Health — South Asia
Lahore is most polluted city, Chad worst among countries - survey
Lahore tops the ranks as the most polluted city in the world while Chad is the most polluted country, according to a Swiss survey by IQAir.