- King Charles calls for renewal of UK-Germany special bond in speech to German parliament.
- First foreign trip as King viewed as chance to reset post-Brexit relationship.
- German MPs give standing ovation to first-ever speech by British monarch in Bundestag.
- Export figures show decline in bilateral trade post-Brexit.
- King's trip emphasises defence co-operation and common interests.
King Charles calls for renewal of ‘special bond’ between UK and Germany
King Charles calls for renewed UK-Germany friendship in first foreign trip as King; German MPs give standing ovation to historic speech in Bundestag.